Destination Marketing

Destination Marketing: an integrated marketing communication approach focuses on the five core tenets of integrated marketing communications.

Destination Marketing

Author: Steven Pike

Publisher: Routledge

ISBN: 1136002650

Page: 424

View: 820

The tourism market is fiercely competitive. No other market place has as many brands competing for attention, and yet only a handful of countries account for 75% of the world’s visitor arrivals. The other 200 or so are left to fight for a share of the remaining 25%. Therefore, destination marketers at city, state and national levels have arguably, a far more challenging role than other services or consumer goods marketers. Destination Marketing: an integrated marketing communication approach focuses on the five core tenets of integrated marketing communications. These embody both the opportunities and challenges facing Destination Marketing Organisations (DMOs), and are: 1. Profitable customer relationships; 2. Enhancing stakeholder relationships; 3. Cross-functional processes; 4. Stimulating purposeful dialogue with customers; and 5. Generating message synergy The author seeks to provide a rationale for DMOs; to develop a structure, roles and goals of DMOs; to examine the key challenges and constraints facing DMOs; to impart a destination branding process; to develop a philosophy of integrated marketing communications; to lead the emergence of visitor and stakeholder relationship management; and to set forth options for performance measurement.

Related Books:

Destination Marketing
Language: en
Pages: 424
Authors: Steven Pike
Categories: Business & Economics
Type: BOOK - Published: 2012-08-06 - Publisher: Routledge

The tourism market is fiercely competitive. No other market place has as many brands competing for attention, and yet only a handful of countries account for 75% of the world’s visitor arrivals. The other 200 or so are left to fight for a share of the remaining 25%. Therefore, destination
Destination Marketing
Language: en
Pages: 324
Authors: Steven Pike
Categories: Business & Economics
Type: BOOK - Published: 2020-10-20 - Publisher: Routledge

Destination Marketing offers the reader an integrated and comprehensive overview of the key challenges and constraints facing destination marketing organisations (DMOs) and how destination marketing can be planned, implemented and evaluated to achieve successful destination competitiveness. This new third edition has been revised and updated to include: 27 new and
Destination Marketing
Language: en
Pages: 192
Authors: Metin Kozak, Nazmi Kozak
Categories: Business & Economics
Type: BOOK - Published: 2015-10-23 - Publisher: Routledge

This book advances the current literature on destination marketing by using innovative up-to-date case studies from a wide geographical representation. The contributors examine new methods and marketing approaches used within the field through a combination of theoretical and practical approaches. With discussions of topics including image, branding, attractions and competitiveness,
Destination Marketing Organisations
Language: en
Pages: 248
Authors: Steven Pike
Categories: Business & Economics
Type: BOOK - Published: 2007-06-01 - Publisher: Routledge

Travellers are now spoilt by choice of available holiday destinations. In today's crowded tourism market place, destination competitiveness demands an effective marketing organisation. Two themes underpin Destination Marketing Organisations. The first is the challenges associated with promoting multi-attributed destinations in dynamic and heterogeneous markets, and the second is the divide
Destination Marketing and Management
Language: en
Pages: 370
Authors: Youcheng Wang, Abraham Pizam
Categories: Business & Economics
Type: BOOK - Published: 2011 - Publisher: CABI

This book offers a comprehensive understanding of the concept and scope of the tourism industry in general and of destination marketing and management in particular. Taking an integrated and comprehensive approach, it focuses on both the macro and micro aspects of destination marketing and management. The book consists of 27